Saturday, March 7, 2009

Camera Lady Lis

Jason wasn't the only one to have fun when he was doing this story for the KSL. I was like a little kid! Alex Cabero and I chatted most of the time and his camera man Mike let me play with his camera. Having thousands of dollars on my shoulder made me a bit nervous so I made sure he was the one to put it on and off of my shoulder. These guys were so nice and as hollywood as they look on TV they are just your regular guys next door. I actually think they are nicer then your average Joe Shmo.

I found out that Alex is actually from NY. Another NY'er! It's always nice to meet up with my own alien kind. Now when I watch his reports I'm going to be listening for that NY accent that he's trying to cover up. I say "Don't hide it, embrace it!"

I got yelled at for looking at the comments everyone was leaving about the story online because people make stuff up just to upset everyone. Alex and I were talking about it and he said people have even left nasty comments about someone donating money to a kid with cancer. Are you serious?! They said mean and totally rude things about Jason and I felt like a mother lion wanting to tear some eyes out. What a bad combo, a mother lion from NY! Don't worry, I was on my best behavior. Acting dignified and mature. It's amazing to me how people can turn something so positive into something so negative. It's sad really. So I stopped reading them, lesson learned!








Then after they shot everything they took it out to the news van to edit it and I got to watch. What an amazing process! Seriously, this requires a lot of talent. They have to condense probably and hour of shooting to 90 seconds. I respect the news and the reporters on location especially a lot more now. So here are some pictures of my new BFF's! ;)

0 comments: