So normally I have a lot to say. It's taken me a few days to figure out my head to be able to describe Valentine's Day. Addy and I were able to spend the day together while Jason worked. I gave her her presents and read her card to her and she was soooo excited about it all. She loves her new chair and sits in it like a Queen would sit on her throne.
The previously mentioned "throne".
For Mommy and Daddy...
My sister Emily's husband came over, with valentine donuts and sparkling cider in hand. He's a sweet kid and it was nice of him to think of us. We've enjoyed getting to know him and sweets are always a way to a girl's heart. Addy was very happy. They gave me this card. Funny, but very sweet!
Then there's Jason... I went out to my car and this is what I find... Hearts everywhere! It was so sweet!
Jason gave me the normal flowers and card but he also detailed and buffed my car and got me Egyptian Cotton sheets. Not only did he get me Egyptian Cotton sheets but he made the bed with them. I felt like we were dating again, very romantic and very thoughtful. I don't want to get all mushy but I was very surprised and I appreciate Jason very much. I think you hit a slump at a certain point in marriage and a little more effort is necessary. Jason is making that effort and I am grateful. I read this quote and it made things a lot clearer for me "If the grass is greener on the other side, it's because they take better care of it." How true is that. I love Jason. He is the man I dreamed of as a little girl. He is fundamentally the best man I have ever met. I am grateful for his parents for teaching him the difference between right and wrong and Jason for being strong enough to fight for that. He is a male and forgets things and he doesn't see the dirt in the corners or the crumbs on the counter but he loves me and is in this forever. Which makes it much easier for me to be in it forever. I used to think that whole "the lord put us together" thing was bull because we are in control of our own destiny but I do believe he had a hand in guiding us to each other. He didn't have to send him to NY on his mission but he did and I'm grateful for that. I don’t talk a lot about this because people get the wrong idea but when I heard Jason bear his testimony for the first time, I had an unprovoked thought of "He is exactly what I picture my husband to be." Of course I pushed it out of my head because he was a missionary but I knew he was something special before I even officially met him, and I wouldn't want "forever" with anyone else. I am so proud of the person he is and to call him mine. I know he loves me and sometimes I don't feel like I deserve it, but he keeps dishing it out.
Adelynn is a blessing to me and I keep falling deeper and deeper for her. I have so many proud moments and I don't know why I've been so blessed. I love teaching her and love watching her learn. She is the most clever 2 year old I know and as ordinary as she is she is so extraordinary. I am so grateful she chose me as her Mommy and I can't imagine forever without her either. She is so much like Jason and I think that is the reason it's so easy to love her.
Did I say I wasn't going to be mushy? OOOOPS! A girl's got a right to be that way around valentine's day right?!
La Salvation
-
I.
This story starts way back before I had many other stories. Just about the
time I was handed a journal with my name embossed in gold on the right
bo...
5 years ago








2 comments:
Lis- you are so cute! You are such a good mum and wife! I'm so proud of Jason and the hearts...that takes some non-last minute planning! Tell him I say Good Job! It's good to hear you get mushy every once in a while! I'm so glad that your day was special...cause you deserve it! Addy looks precious in her throne...Loves!
How wonderful! Addie is so CUTE in her chair and I love little girls in brown!
You have a great husband.
Post a Comment