Addy is one of the best behaved kids I know. I'm not just saying this as her mom. I'm saying this as someone who helped raise 5 younger sisters and brothers, Nannied for multiple families and has been babysitting other people's kids since I was 10. I think I've had my fair share of kid training and would say I've seen a lot. Yet, I am still surprised by Addy. Her "tantrums" only last a few seconds, she listens and understands, and as long as she's fed, had enough sleep and hasn't been couped up she's golden. She really is such a blessing and an easy kid to parent. She does however do the most RANDOM things. Examples...
I don't spank Addy but I joke around with her and say "Ima beachoo" (I'm gonna beat you, all shmooshed together). A few weeks ago I said joking again "Ima spank you" and she responds by saying "I want spankings! Smack that!" and slaps her butt. What?!!!! Are you serious?
On Valentine's Day she comes up to me with a present in her hand and says "disgusting". It took me a second to realize what she was holding...Poop! I jumped up and ran around like a chicken with my head cut off screaming! She started crying because I scared her. She pulled it out of her pants! Jason had to take care of her cause I started gagging. She is SOOO ready for intense potty training!
When we watch Barney and she knows it's the end of the show she says "Hands Mommy!" and grabs my hand and rocks back and forth to sing the "I love you" song. She gives me kisses and hugs when it says to.
We have had to start locking the bathroom door because she likes to try to drink out of the toilet like Saber. Gross huh? Yeah, I wasn't pleased when I saw it either.
I believe in being real with kids and if they ask about something to be honest. I think I'm going to rethink this. Adelynn likes to point at things and ask "What's that?" Well we were doing her nose, her eyes and then she pointed to my chest and I said "boobies". What's Addy's new party trick? Yup, hitting my chest or whoever is there and saying "boobies!"
We're sitting there and Addy proudly announces "I farted!" I am just waiting for the day this happens in church when it's really quiet.
Addy and Saber fight over toys like siblings. She chases him around the house saying "Drop it! Drop it!"
When I do the normal everyday life stuff that we are trying to teach Addy, like eating with a utensil, and going on the potty I get cheers from Addy "Good job Mommy!" she says. And it's so cute because she really IS proud of me!
She asks to walk on the treadmill. And then once she's on she says "Faster!" when she needs to take a break she says "all done" and then shortly there after say "faster" again. This has gone on for up to 15 Minutes.
Addy's newest thing is stripping. She does it for her naps all the way down to her birthday suit and randomly throughout the day. Apparently she thinks we're running a nudest colony. So as a precaution Jason and I are making a big deal about all of us getting our Jammie's on together.
When someone says something naughty like "shut up" or "stupid" I say "We don't say that." Adelynn has caught on and when she hears someone say a naughty word she tells them "We don't say that!". Well Adelynn wanted to watch a movie in the car and Jason told her no so she said "We don't say that!" and she asked him again. He said no again and she said "We don't say that Daddy!" This continued on for a few minutes.
On our way to the store she said one of the forbidden naughty words so I put her in quiet time in her car seat and told her I wouldn't be talking to her for 2 minutes. However, she decided that just because I wasn't talking to her it didn't mean she couldn't talk to me. So it started off with pleasantries. "Hi Mommy!" "Hold you Mommy" and "Honey... Honey...Honey" Then I was threatened.. "You're gonna get spankings" "I'll beat you!" and "Time out for 2 minutes!" This continued on for a few minutes and then it was back to the "Honey...Honey" I am worried people are going to start thinking I beat my kid.
Last night Addy wanted to take a bath and I told her "When we get back from shopping" She then said in a very stern voice "I want to take a bath NOW!" I tried not to crack up so I slowed my speech and looked her in the eyes and said "When we get back" she followed my lead, looked me in the eyes and said in an even more clear voice. "No, I want to take a bath now!" We're in for a wild ride folks!
These are the moment I can't help but laugh at and not get embarrassed. I love her little personality!
La Salvation
-
I.
This story starts way back before I had many other stories. Just about the
time I was handed a journal with my name embossed in gold on the right
bo...
5 years ago








4 comments:
You're definitely in for a wild ride! Mason told a guy at the train station one time that was smoking that it is really gross to smoke and that he is going to die. Yeah, embarassing. But the guy walked away so at least we didn't have to smell the cigarette smoke anymore.
You never know what they will say...I remember Curtis, at church, after the speaker was finished but WAY before the end of the meeting...saying very loudly...IS IT OVER NOW??? Just because the speaker had said Amen. Too funny! Good luck with the clothes thing...our kids were nude a lot!
That is the funniest thing.. Mom and I read it together and we kept laughing so hard we had tears running down our faces.. thanks for letting us in on your little life..
I am SOOOOOO enjoying this...says the mom of the now 24 year old daughter who at @ Addy's age went wondering off out of the yard and down a long dirt road all by herself,got lost at the County Fair and trick or treating I will lift the curse someday....
Post a Comment