
We're going home next week to visit my family in NY. My grandparents are having their 60th wedding anniversary. How did they make it 60 years? The world has all of these elements working against families and staying together. I have those days where I feel like there's a force trying it's hardest to get me to give up. Then I hear this little voice in my head saying, "one day at a time". That one day turns into 2 days then 2 weeks, months, years, decades and before you know it you're celebrating 60 years together. My grandparents are a great example to me. My grams is my hero and I have learned much from her. Gramps has mellowed over the years and I'm grateful that we were able to spend so much time with him and get so close.
I don't really miss NY that much because I'm pretty caught up in my life out here but when I go home I remember who I really am and how I got where I am today. Each geographical place has it's own beauty and NY is one of the most beautiful places to visit. I don't miss the humidity and ice storms but I miss the people. New Yorkers get a bad name for being rude but I think that's just because it's either a Sauna or bone chilling cold! Who wouldn't be mean? I don't think I could ever move back home but I love the simple life upstaters live. It's not about what kind of car you have, how big your house is or what clothes you wear. It's about family and friends. Good times and being able to count on each other. I love the missionary opportunities I had there and yes I know I should be a missionary anywhere but once you get past explaining "I'm his only wife." people seem to be more open to it and respect you for abstaining from a lot of the world things. Some of my best friends aren't LDS but I know they will be eventually. It make take my whole life but I know I'll be flying home to attend a few baptisms.
Wow, I didn't expect to write this much about going home but I do love to talk about the things that bring joy to me. NY is one of the many things. Does anybody want souvenirs?
La Salvation
-
I.
This story starts way back before I had many other stories. Just about the
time I was handed a journal with my name embossed in gold on the right
bo...
5 years ago








0 comments:
Post a Comment