Friday, August 1, 2008

Yellowstone

Well we spent this week with Jason's family. The bird side. They're a lot of fun! Big family and they're all friends which is nice. I feel like I fit with all the girls and Addy just loves other kids so she had fun playing too. It gave her a good opportunity to practice her sharing skills. We spent one day floating the river but didn't take the camera because things tend to get wet when there is water around and things to shoot it with. Addy floated with us and was great except for the fact that she tried to jump in quite a few times. The second run was a bit of a rescue mission. Just after we started the 1 1/2 hour long float we saw off to the side about an 80 year-old woman holding onto a branch so she didn't get swept away in the current. A few feet later we saw another older lady also in the water. Long story short, the flipped their canoe and both got pretty banged up trying to stay above water. We put them in our raft and floated a bit until some of the other cousins were off to the side holding the ladys' canoe. The boys paddled the canoe down the river and we kept one of the older ladies in our canoe. So it was eventful. Yellowstone was beautiful. I have to confess, I'm a bit of a nerd when it comes to nature and I was in heaven looking at all of the holes in the earth and the water boiling up from hot lava. Addy was amazing with all the driving we did.I was impressed. We celebrated 3 years of marriage on the 29th. So all in all it was a great week



So pretty. Amazing to see in person.


They came to visit us, how nice!


Look how many there people were there to see "Old Faithful"


There she is "Old Faithful" herself.



This waterfall was so amazing. I personally thought it was better than Niagra just because it looks so intense.

4 comments:

The Anderson's said...

I love Yellowstone, and I've only been there once!

Meredith Haag said...

That looks like an amazing trip! Thanks for the invite! I'm gonna work on forgiving you someday! But, for now......! Your little Addy is so cute! And look at you... you saved a couple of little old ladies! How exciting is that? That doesn't happen every day?!

Chris and Shani said...

That was fun seeing you guys last week! Your little girl is getting cuter every time i see her

Robyn said...

We just got back from Yellowstone too! I agree, it's amazing!! Looks like you went to some of the same places we did. Too bad we didn't see you there.