Monday, June 20, 2011

Almost 40 weeks

39 Weeks 4 days


Addy started sticking her belly out like mommy. It was sweet!



Tomorrow is my due date. I fully expected to still be pregnant still and if my first pregnancy is any indication I'll probably be pregnant for the next 2 weeks. This baby feels much smaller than Addy did. Maybe it's because I haven't gained as much weight but even looking at pictures I feel like I look smaller. If there is such a thing as looking anything but HUGE when you're pregnant. I've been having tons of contractions, especially at night. Then they just stop. So until I'm in real pain I'm not getting my hopes up.

So here's the plan....

I've opted for a completely natural and drug-free birth. I know lots of people have opinions about this good and bad. Supportive and not so supportive. But it's something Jason and I feel is right. We tried to go naturally with Addy but I was induced and when you're induced you're pretty much confined to the bed, making it very difficult to move around and relieve some of the pain. So after 6 hours of back labor, having all of the nurses tell me I wouldn't be able to do it and HAD to use pain med and pretty much every intervention in the book, I decided this "Natural" birth was no way going to be natural.

So this go around I will let the baby come when he wants. The only time I'll be induced is if I'm 2 weeks overdue and have to be. Therefore, the whole thing will be natural from the beginning. I'm excited to experience actually go into labor on my own. I'll be staying home as long as possible, using my wonderful jetted tub and comfy bed to sooth any discomfort I may have. Jason and I have taken a self hypnosis class for child bearing and we're both excited. Jason has been such a great support! I'm very excited to experience every ache, every pain and everything that comes with bringing my baby boy into this world. Jason is excited for us to avoid all medications. We're both the kind of people that don't even like to take medicine for a head ache and have done quite a bit of research on the medicine used for bringing babies into the world today. Don't get me wrong, medicine is wonderful if it's needed. And we're so grateful that we live in a place that if we needed something to help save our baby's life it's available. I just don't see child birth as a sickness or something that needs medicine. Especially, if there are alternative ways. That sounds pretty hippie huh? That's ok, I'm a hippie! :)

So July 5th is the day I'll have to be induced. We're all praying he decides to come before then. Everyone is making their prediction and the kids tell him every night to come soon. So maybe he'll eventually listen. We're very excited to meet him. It's been a while since we've had a newborn, so we're all getting anxious so give him lots of loves and kisses!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm sending love and encouragement your way! Natural childbirth can be done! No you aren't crazy...it sounds like you have prepared. I can't wait to see the pictures of the new little one. Remember to relax and use the tub!

Donna said...

so proud of you girl! Nautral birth is the way to go. Hope you guys are doing well!

Unknown said...

opposition to these elements in the method.Even so, with pollution on an all time higher, this number is rising with leaps and bounds in latest occasions. One would hope that even if all that's to occur, the air inside our property would absolutely be safer. And right here in arrives the importance of air duct cleaning.Using the tremendous quantity of dust and pollution in the atmosphere these days, air duct cleaning can be a have to. Enable us consider rapid assessment with http://www.myobdscanner.com/benz-bmw-diagnostic-tool/gt1-auto-scanner-for-bmw the benefits that lie with the method.Health troubles: The air all around us may be a massive prospective risk towards our health, if not treated properly. Respiration illnesses like bronchial asthma, lungs cancer and also other persistent heart ailments are mainly induced through the polluted air which is breathed in. Cleansing of air ducts and appropriate upkeep can partly remove this menace. The wide variety of allergic reactions brought on by dust as well as other micro organisms are http://www.myobdscanner.com/cables-and-connectors/porsche-piwis-cable usually looked after while air duct cleaning. And