Monday, August 24, 2009

We're the crazy neighbors!

It's official. We are the crazy neighbors in town! I guess it was bound to happen with a horse as a pet and a daughter that's potty training. If first impressions really do stick then this should be fun.

Saber is for all intents and purposes Addy's big brother. She follows him around and he keeps an eye on her at all times. She wrestles with him and he has to put up with it. But every once in a while he'll pin her and we hear "I'm stuck!" in the other room. Addy isn't the softest with him so when he fights back we don't really blame him. She loves him. She even picks the boogers out of his eyes for him and then comes to me with her findings. I'm not sure how he feels about getting poked in the eye, but I'm sure he appreciates the help with his grooming. They love each other to death. He is so protective of her and she looks up to him. So much that we now have a new puppy. Yup that's right, we've traded in our little baby girl for a beautiful puppy. She pants, whines, walks on all fours and even pees on the lawn like her brother. (This is where the crazy neighbor part comes in.) Potty training has been going very well. As long as she has underpants on she will not pee in her pants. She will however pull her pretty, little, pink panties down and pee on the lawn. Then she comes up and proudly announces "Mommy I peed like Saber!!" I was horrified the first time. Then after the 4th or 5th I just laughed. She's a clever little girl. And you know, I guess it wouldn't freak me out as much if it was in the backyard and all fenced in but it wasn't. Nope, it was right in the front yard. For EVERYONE to see. I guess we're just making our presence known. I figured we'd be the crazy neighbors but I was hoping it wouldn't be discovered for at least a few months! Embrace it Lis, Embrace it!

6 comments:

Jenni M. said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Unknown said...

She is just marking her new territory :)

Chris and Shani said...

Sounds like fun! I'm already having nightmares about who will live next to us! (not kellie and deven's side haha)

Billie said...

When Jon was little, his Grampa taught him how to pee in the woods. Then, one day, a neighbor knocked on my door to "inform" me of my horrid child peeing on the tree in the courtyard! LOL!

Meredith Haag said...

LOL Don't worry either people understand what parenting is all about or they don't, either way I'm sure they can see that she's cute enought to forgive. And you are too! And what's a little bare bottom once in a while? Priceless if you ask me! Especially Sophie's... it's large and in charge!

Cherie said...

At least she didn't pee off the balcony towards the neighbors back yard, lol.