skip to main | skip to sidebar

Day by Day

Jason...Lis...Adelynn

Monday, June 16, 2008

Father's Day

Well I have to say I should've been more prepared. Jason loves belgian waffles and I forgot the eggs so he ended up with a smiley face breakfast in bed. I bought Jason a BBQ Grill and Addy got him a tie, belt and a water gun. It was a great day because my Dad is in town with my mom. It was a busy day too because Ryann was blessed and we had a BBQ at my uncle's house. So we were busy. I al so grateful for Jason. He is such a hard worker and has ventured out of his comfort zone for our family. I know it's so hard for him to do that but he's trying so hard to set us up for life. We are so proud of him! He really is a great man, I just need to remember that.

Posted by Jason and Lis Day at 12:00 PM  

Labels: Dads

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Jason's in the news!

  • Jason Saves a woman from a burning car!
  • Follow Up on Jason's Rescue.

Our Love Story....

Our Love Story....
My photo
Jason and Lis Day
Utah, United States
I’m from NY Jason from Utah and then served a 2 year mission in NY. We were always close to the missionaries that served in our ward. They were like big brothers to us, so I couldn't believe that this Elder Day guy wouldn't even talk to me. There I was thinking "Who does this guy think he is? Doesn't he know who I am?" Yup and that was the problem. He had been warned about the teenage girls in my ward (big flirts) and I was grouped into that category. Not fair! Surely I was mature enough to control girlish crushes and behave properly. Eventually it was time for Elder Day to go home to Utah. He heard that I was driving out to Utah to escape my bland life in NY. So he asked if I had room in my car to bring some books of his back to Utah. Well, I don't think I really had room but I made the sacrifice for this poor missionary, made the 3 day trip cross country and arrived in Salt Lake. Jason met up with me but then he conveniently forgot his books. Strategic planning or just distracted by my radiating beauty? ;) I'm not sure. Well we dated for a year and married on July 29, 2005. We had a little girl named Adelynn in February of 2007. She is a walking, talking wonder.
View my complete profile

The Groom

The Groom
Jason is from Utah. He comes from a long line of members of the LDS church and we are grateful for that. They taught him great values and how to be a great dad and a patient, committed husband. Jason has taken the last year to step out of his element and boss some people around. As a General Manager he has learned to manage employees and use his beautiful noggin to fix problems and make the company as much money as possible as any good Manager would do. We are all Very proud of him!

The Bride

The Bride
Lis was born and raised in NY. Her grandparents are converts to the LDS church and her family was sealed for eternity in 2003. She moved to Utah in the hopes of dating some nice guys and she ended up marrying the first stud that caught her eye. She now has been successfully tamed. She enjoys motherhood to the fullest and the self proclaimed "Salesperson of the universe" is working on selling the idea of good behavior to her 3 year old and wiping the toilet seat to her husband. She is really close to her family and though 3000 miles away is lucky enough to see them a few times a year. She is so grateful for her husband and the amazing man he is. They are excited to grow and learn together until they turn into raisins. Then it'll be on to the last phase of eternity together.

The Entertainment

The Entertainment
Adelynn was born in February of 2007 and from the start we could tell she had a mind of her own. Addy is constantly teaching us things and reminds us of why we are here on Earth. Anyone that knows her is blessed and we are so proud of her. She is amazing and when the time is right to have a sibling join her I know she'll be our biggest asset. We love the Lord for sending Addy to us and feel so privileged to be trusted with this amazing little spirit.

Confessions of a 4-year-old

The scene- Addy sitting at the computer, mouse in hand. She beings to yell at it, "Go faster, go faster!!"

Lis says JOKINGLY "Ima spank you" Addy responds "I want spankings! Smack That!" and slaps her butt.

The scene- Addy chasing Saber around because he has the toy in his mouth and she's yelling "Drop it! Drop it!"

Addy is feeding her lunch to the dog. Grandma tells her to stop and takes the appropriate action. Addy tries to detour by singing, the "I love Mother" song but changes the name to "I love Grandma".

Mom tells Addy to do something and when she doesn't listen Mom gives her a little nudge. Addy turns around with a very stern look on her face and says "Don't push me!"

Daddy let the word "Stupid" slip out so Addy turns to him and says "Don't say that Daddy! You go to time out for 2 minutes!" After sitter there for a few second Adelynn turns to Daddy and says "Ok, you went to time out because" and mumbles something, then goes to him and says "say sorry". It's the cutest thing ever!

I again scold Addy for something. She calls from the other room "what are you saying to me old lady?"


Jason's Job

Jason's Job
Jason is the General Manager of the Bountiful location. In the last 2 years he has learned so much and we are all so proud of him. We are excited to see what the future holds for Firehouse and Jason.

Our cult-like following.

She's growing right before our eyes!

More Pics


Click the Logo!!!!

Click the Logo!!!!
Well I love Scentsy and as soon as I found it I realized I was NEVER going back to regular air fresheners. Addy is always sticking her fingers in the wax cause she tries to eat it and I was amazed that it didn't burn her. It's great!! So I started to sell it to help support my habit.

My Blog List

  • c jane enjoy it
    La Salvation - I. This story starts way back before I had many other stories. Just about the time I was handed a journal with my name embossed in gold on the right bo...
    5 years ago
  • Julie Rohal
    How To Rid Yourself Of Anxiety For Good - In today's difficult world, a lot of people find themselves experiencing stress, which leads to the feelings of anxiety. Learning how to relax is essential...
    7 years ago
  • Michele Reyes Photography
    Love - Engagements for this darling couple. Such an exciting an beautiful phase of life. She's going to be a gorgeous bride. :)
    9 years ago
  • Mike and Julie
    Time is Passing - The other morning these two little hands poked under the bathroom door. It made me smile. It was a sight that I realized that I rarely see anymore. Thi...
    9 years ago
  • The Zvirzdin Environment
    Foster Care - And Going Private - Hey all two people who read our blog! We are now doing foster care and have our first foster child. With foster kids, we are not allowed to post public ph...
    10 years ago
  • Todd and Merideth
    Tithing - Cute story on Tithing! click the above link for a story on tithing. Paying your tithing is something the Savior taught us. In 3 Nephi chapter 24:8-12 he sa...
    10 years ago
  • Eternally Happy
    - New post. I hope I get my pictures back. :)
    10 years ago
  • Jenni and Sam
    And then there were six.... - EDIT: This was a draft that was just sitting on my account without ever being published.... so I'm publishing it now, 2 years after the fact. And maybe ...
    10 years ago
  • Flora's Family
    -
    11 years ago
  • Diapers and Divinity
    The blog awakens. (Sort of…) - Well, I took a blogging break for over a year, and now I’m ready to make a fresh (albeit more low-key) start. I loved my years here at Diapers and Divinity...
    11 years ago
  • The Furious Five
    My Little Flower - Enough said. March 18, 2014
    11 years ago
  • The Bird Family
    - Christmas Day 2014 What a beautiful day! It snowed all day, I'm not sure how much snow we have outside, but we have at least 10 inches. It started early t...
    11 years ago
  • Kim and Jason
    Improving myself.. - Some thing that I have been really focusing on the past month is trying to become a better mom. I have been taking a class on Positive Parenting a...
    12 years ago
  • Sydney and Jake
    18 weeks - 4 months to go! - Already 18 weeks along! Where did the time go?! We only have 4 months before we welcome our little one! There are a few things I've been meaning to jo...
    12 years ago
  • Chris and Shanni
    Bye Bye Baby Weight - Each kid brings more pounds correct? Thats seems to sometimes be the way. After having my first child, Brighton, I was able to quickly bounce back. A...
    12 years ago
  • the Robins Family
    Photo Card - Little Birdie Baby Announcements To see Shutterfly's birth announcement designs, click here. View the entire collection of cards.
    13 years ago
  • Katie's Blog
    Picture Books for a Cold Snowy Day - It has been freezing here almost all month long. When I say freezing I mean 10 degrees and below almost every day. I am so done with January. We have b...
    13 years ago
  • Billie's Blog
    Beauty in Brown and Gray - I went for a walk on a dreary, rainy day. Can one find beauty in Ohio in January? I believe we can find beauty anywhere, in any circumstance. Water alw...
    13 years ago
  • Sara Bird
    12.3.13 - A couple of weeks ago I got to go up to Park City and stay overnight at the Hotel Park City with some really fun girls. We woke up to this. It was beautifu...
    13 years ago
  • Marcie and Travis
    First Day of 1st grade - This was a very bitter sweet moment for me. I was so excited for Ky to start school and have the interaction with the kids and to learn because she loves...
    14 years ago
  • The Brewer Family
    The Unsinkable - I just started an engaging series *Downton Abbey* on Netflix from a recommendation from my friend Alison and also my family. I already am hooked! In the fi...
    14 years ago
  • The Hayes': Steve, Becca and Aiden
    Kansas City Temple - We have been so blessed to have a temple built so close to us. It is still a bit of a shock every time I think about the fact that there is a temple ...
    14 years ago
  • Kellie and Deven
    April 9th Museum and Zoo - On monday the 9th while my parents were still in town we went to the Natural History Museum. Some of my extended Bird family went to it as well so that w...
    14 years ago
  • Kate and Blake
    Tonsils and Adenoids Be Gone! - Finally after more than a year and a lot of colds and plenty of snoring Carson got his tonsils and adenoids out a week ago today. Why did it take over a ye...
    14 years ago
  • THE MEANEST MOM
    Rudolph the Semi-Decapitated Reindeer - Yesterday, my husband suggested that instead of driving to the nearest Redbox to return a movie that we had watched on New Year’s Eve (we are super big par...
    14 years ago
  • Melissa and Mike
    Disneyland 2011 - Fun times at Disneyland.
    14 years ago
  • Michelle and Alex
    This is pretty interesting if you like the Blue Whale -
    15 years ago
  • Sara and Jake
    - Happy Easter 2011 To start us off, the night before we had an ice cream bunny cake from Baskin Robbins.... When I asked for a purple bunny, I expected it ...
    15 years ago
  • Our Crazy Life
    Once there was a snowman...... - Ever since the first snowfall of the season, Raylee has been begging us to build a snowman and for one reason or another it hasn't worked out. This past we...
    15 years ago
  • Trying to find Me
    Looking back - So i have been loooking back at picture before my weight loss surgery and I was so unhappy. I can not belive how much my looks and outlook on life has chan...
    16 years ago
  • Darcy and Todd
    Brody @ 4 Months -
    16 years ago
  • Tink's Blog
    Battle of the Bulge - * I did not write this* Battle Of The Bulge "I'll start a new one Monday", we've heard it all before,but if I don't really start one soon I won't make it t...
    16 years ago
  • Sanchez Stories
    - Some pictures from early October...a trip to the lake. Hooray for outings with good friends!
    16 years ago
  • Katie and Reed
    Another New Blog - Have you noticed this blog is dead? I have. Have I done anything about that? No. In fact I started a new blog! I started getting paranoid and didn't want...
    17 years ago
  • The Girls Night Out Book Club
    Next Meeting. - So what's the plan ladies? This Friday isn't good for me but maybe next Friday. I'm more than willing to host. Let me know what works for you guys.
    17 years ago
  • Josh and Heather
    Photoshop - I liked this picture but my eye went right to the blue bell she was holding so I decided to do my own photoshop using my trial version of aperture. I think...
    17 years ago
  • Firehouse Carwash and Detail
    Follow up - KSL did a follow up story on Jason and the woman he saved ( Jackie) Here it is.... *Woman meets rescuer who saved her from her b...
    17 years ago
  • Jenn and Juan
    The Past Couple of Months - Jarod had a swim meet two weeks ago. He swam the breast stroke, butterfly and freestyle as individual races and then swam freestyle and breast stroke in...
    17 years ago
  • Mark and Jeannie
    Deer? There aint no deer here! - Well, the hunting season is over, and no luck. Imagine that, the greatest hunters who ever lived, struck out! Always next year. I cant tell you how many t...
    18 years ago
  • Alison and Jared
    -
  • Josh and Nikki
    -
  • Go Reed Go
    -
  • The Jacobson Journal
    -
  • Lis's Family
    -
  • Leslie and Joey
    -
  • Kira and Mike
    -
  • Zvirzdins at Large
    -
  • Robyn and Jeff
    -

Blog Archive

  • ► 2013 (1)
    • ► June (1)
  • ► 2012 (1)
    • ► January (1)
  • ► 2011 (5)
    • ► June (1)
    • ► May (2)
    • ► March (1)
    • ► February (1)
  • ► 2010 (3)
    • ► December (1)
    • ► June (1)
    • ► January (1)
  • ► 2009 (40)
    • ► November (4)
    • ► October (1)
    • ► September (5)
    • ► August (3)
    • ► April (3)
    • ► March (13)
    • ► February (6)
    • ► January (5)
  • ▼ 2008 (50)
    • ► December (4)
    • ► November (3)
    • ► October (6)
    • ► September (4)
    • ► August (3)
    • ► July (5)
    • ▼ June (6)
      • My Burn
      • Family Visit
      • Father's Day
      • Bad Accident
      • Angel Girl
      • Josh's Birthday Weekend
    • ► May (10)
    • ► April (5)
    • ► March (3)
    • ► February (1)

Our favorite sites

  • Jason's in the news!
  • Slick Deals
  • Woot
  • Stretching a Buck
  • Deal Extreme

Play list


 

Jason and Lis

The Girl in a Whirl by "Dr. Sue"



The Girl in a Whirl by 'Dr. Sue'
( a.k.a.. Vickie Gunther)

Look at me, look at me, look at me now!
You could do what I do if you only knew how.
I study the scriptures one hour each day;
I bake, I upholster, I scrub, and I pray.
I always keep all the commandments completely;
I speak to my little ones gently and sweetly.
I help in their classrooms! I sew all they wear!
I drive them to practice! I cut all their hair!
I memorize names of the General Authorities;
I focus on things to be done by priorities.
I play the piano! I bless with my talents!
My toilets all sparkle! My checkbooks all balance!
Each week every child gets a one-on-one date;
I attend all my meetings (on time! Never late!)
I'm taking a class on the teachings of Paul,
But that is not all! Oh, no. That is not all .
I track my bad habits 'til each is abolished;
Our t-shirts are ironed! My toenails are polished!
Our family home evenings are always delightful;
The lessons I give are both fun and insightful.
I do genealogy faithfully, too.
It's easy to do all the things that I do!
I rise each day early, refreshed and awake;
I know all the names of each youth in my stake!
I read to my children! I help all my neighbors!
I bless the community, too, with my labors.
I exercise and I cook menus gourmet;
My visiting teaching is done the first day!
(I also go do it for someone who missed hers.
It's the least I can do for my cherished ward sisters.)
I chart resolutions and check off each goal;
I seek each "lost lamb" on my Primary roll.
I can home-grown produce each summer and fall.
But that is not all! Oh, no. That is not all
I write in my journal! I sing in the choir!
Each day, I write "thank you's" to those I admire.
My sons were all Eagles when they were fourteen!
My kids get straight A's! And their bedrooms are clean!
I have a home business to help make some money;
I always look beautifully groomed for my honey.
I go to the temple at least once a week;
I change the car's tires! I fix the sink's leak!
I grind my own wheat and I bake all our bread;
I have all our meals planned out six months ahead.
I make sure I rotate our two-years' supply;
My shopping for Christmas is done by July!
These things are not hard; 'tis good if you do them;
You can if you try! Just set goals and pursue them!
It's easy to do all the things that I do!
If you plan and work smart, you can do them all, too!
It's easy!" she said
and then she dropped dead.