Jason's family had their annual family reunion on his dad's side. We went down to Fillmore and had some exciting activities planned. Riding ATV's, target practice with bows and arrows and a few different guns. Well everything seemed to go ok until we brought out the toys. Jason's little brother accidentally shot his nephew in the face with an arrow. Don't worry he's fine. it barely broke the skin but it just barely missed his eye. It was a close call. We all were riding the toys and Jason wanted me to try his Banshee out. He's so proud of it. I have to say, I behaved myself. I tend to get a false sense of comfort and safety on ATV's and maybe go faster than I should. Well I was doing fine and we were heading back to meet up with everyone else. Jason was riding on the back and I was driving. we hit a bump and Jason's foot fell off the peg and got caught under the wheel. It pulled him down and dragged him for about 15 ft and as much as he tried not to, he pulled me down with him. Well I tried to both of us up and when I did my leg pressed against the exhaust pipe. I was wearing shorts so my skin melted on the pipe and my reaction was of course to push away. When I did that we both were thrown from the bike. I whipped my head back and smashed it on the ground. I hit it pretty hard. Luckily I was wearing my helmet so it didn't smash against any rocks. We both hit pretty hard and when I realized what had happened I got up to make sure Jason was ok. He was just sitting there staring into space which made me worry even more. I kept asking, "Are you ok? Jason get up! Why aren't you getting up?" He said "I'm fine" but it was all monotone and it was scaring me. Then my leg started burning. I looked down and realized that my skin had melted off most of my left leg. It looked gross and started to hurt really bad! I started screaming "Jason, look at my leg! It's bad, it's really bad!" Then everyone showed up and I said "I can't go to the hospital, I don't have insurance" then I started feeling really woozy and luckily I made it to the ground before lights went out. I came in and out and all I really remember is people asking me questions about Addy and annoying me cause I was so sleepy and all I wanted to do was go to sleep. From what everyone was telling my I was getting ornery and snippy when they were asking me questions. Ididn't really come all the way to until we got in the house and I just remember my leg hurting so bad! Well all I have to say is Thank Goodness for Doctor Dave (Jason's brother in law). We call him that but he's not quite a doctor yet. However he is an EMT and has worked in the ER at the hospital and has seen a a lot of burns. He gave it some different name because they don't call then 1st, 2nd and 3rd degree burns in the hospital but it was the most painful burn you can have because it didn't have the "luxury" of having nerve damage. I know that's a good thing but it isn't when you're in pain. I guess the burn was bad enough that if I did go to the hospital, they would have put me under and scrubbed my burn. we pretty much had to do the same thing but without the drugs in Grandma's tub. Well he actually went nice on me and he didn't use a brush or anything just soap and his fingers. So that's the long story. It hurts but I'll have a cool scar to show for it. So my lesson learned, wear pants when riding on anything with a motor!!! The rest of the reunion went well and we all had fun.
Me and my pretty Addy.
Bubbles!!!
Jason is teaching his little brother how to shoot.
She's such a good helper in Grandma's garden
She calls it the "Moo"








4 comments:
Sounds like you guys had quite the reunion!! I'm glad that you guys are okay!
Your poor leg! You seriously need to put a picture of it on here so people know you're not joking!!
Lis, how scary!!! I am glad you are both alright. I hope you get feeling better.
Oh my Gosh! That's horrible! I hope you're ok now!
Post a Comment