Well I'm officially old now! 24 is mid-20's! In general I really don't like birthdays or any other holiday for that matter. They are always so hyped up, there is a let down when the day is over. I also think as you get older they aren't as fun because it just means you're getting older and you're parents aren't there to carry on the tradtions like taking you out of school and going to get lunch and have the day with just them. I have very few birthdays in my life that I remember as being good. When I was about 13 (I think) the only thing I wanted was a date with my parents and no one else. So we left the 6 other kids home and Mom and Dad took me out to Friendly's (it's in NY). I got a clown sundae at the end of it. Then we went to the movies and saw "Inspector Gadget". The for my 17th birthday I had a suprise party thrown for me with all of my friends and siblings. I was so shocked, and as much as I like suprises I really do hate them. I hate being in the spotlight and I get embarrased so easily. Then there was last night. There was no big suprise and no one else but Jason and I but it was great. Of course I had to work so that part wasn't too fun but when Jason got home he took me to PF Changs which is where I was hoping to go all day! I was so excited when we got there until I saw a line and heard that the wait was 30 Mins. I was a little disappointed that Jason hadn't made a reservation and he could see that I was upset. He explained that he called and they said that Tuesday nights aren't busy so we should be ok. He appoligized for not making a reservation just in case. Then he went back up to the girl at the front desk and told her that he had called and was told he didn't need a reservation. He told her it was my birthday and asked if she could bump us up. Now if you know Jason at all you'd know this is TOTALLY out of character for him and that his heart was beating fast threw the whole thing. She said she would talk to her manager and literally less than a minute later she took us to our table leaving everyone else that had been waiting behind. Now I'm sure this upset some of them but it was my birthday! And it was just the 2 of us. We sat down at the table and Jason said "That was so awkward! My heart is beating so fast! I can't believe we actually got bumped." I kept laughing because he really was flushed and I thought it was sweet. Throughout the dinner I would say "We got bumped" ad he would say "My heart is still racing!" He's so sweet. Well after dinner we had ice cream while we waited for our movie to start. We saw "Baby Mama". I thought it was great and Jason was laughing too. We didn't get home until 1 AM. So I brushed my teeth and when I got into bed barely noticed the gift bag on my side of the bed. Then when I realized what it was I starting giving Jason kisses and saying "A present! Is that for me?" He was like "Well it's not my birthday." Jason got me a spa package and some chocolates. I am so excited to get a facial! I love Jason!
La Salvation
-
I.
This story starts way back before I had many other stories. Just about the
time I was handed a journal with my name embossed in gold on the right
bo...
5 years ago








1 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Better late than never. I hope it was great!
Post a Comment