Thursday, February 24, 2011

Baby Day #2 Boy or Girl?

We had a ultrasound at 18 weeks and we were told to expect a little girl. The umbilical cord was wrapped around her leg but she didn't see anything to think it was a boy. As excited as we were to not have to buy any new clothes and to already have some kind of an idea how to raise a little girl, we both were a bit disappointed. I had been expecting to find out it was a boy. I had baby boy clothes already out and little baby boy bedding ready to go. I couldn't put it away. I'd go into the nursery and it didn't seem right. I couldn't get into having a little girl.

We went back at 21 weeks for another ultrasound at my doctors office. The machine works but the image is a little fuzzy. Neither Jason or I was impressed and we both were nervous to ask to see what it was again. This time she found a few extra parts. It's a BOY! We were so excited and it seemed right but I still didn't want to believe it until we had an actual ultrasound tech do the ultrasound and that would have to wait another 2 weeks.

So yesterday was the big day. I have a DVD that I've watched over and over again and there is no mistaken, Baby Day is a baby boy! We're so excited! I'm especially excited that I don't have to repaint the nursery. I'm also super excited because we had been wanting a boy this time around. In my side of the family all of our kids are pretty close in age. Addy has 2 girl cousins right after her and now this little guy has 2 boy cousins right before him. And the 3 boys have only 9 months from the first to the 3rd. So I was hoping this one was a boy cause that means that my side has little cousins to play with. If only we could coordinate the rest of the kids to do the same thing. :) We each had a girl first, then a boy and I'm voting for another boy the next cycle of babies.

The ultrasound was awesome! We got some adorable shots on the DVD of the baby swallowing and yawning. He already sleeps on his arm like Addy but from what we can tell, he looks a lot different from her. His profile is very different and if I had to make a bet I'd say this one will take more after my side of the family than Jason's. Addy is clearly her Daddy's daughter. So it'll be interesting to see how Baby Boy looks.

0 comments: