Thursday, January 7, 2010

Dogs in heaven



You're gone so suddenly
and it's not fair
All I can do is
look out the window and stair.
Flashes in my head
of your big brown eyes
and I can't help but ask
Why him? WHY?!
Will we meet again?
Did you know you're loved?
Are you now watching,
on high, from above?
This is a test
to teach forgiveness.
But the great love you gave,
I will always miss.
I pray to know
we'll meet in the end.
I mean, Why wouldn't we?
You're man's best friend.
Please give me strength
to tell my little girl,
that her 4-legged friend
has left this world.


I know this is cheesy, but I've always dealt with things by writing. It's been years so I'm a little rusty but it made me feel better.

Saber,
I hope you know how much we love you. I have never cried for a dog in my life. You were the best friend and companion we could have ever wanted. I miss you already. I believe the Lord sends animals as companions and so I have to believe that we will meet again. You're a part of our family and we love you like a son. I'm sorry for getting frustrated with you when you ate my shoes. I thank you for the laughs when you learned to open doors you shouldn't. I mean come on, a sliding glass door?! How is that even possible?! I'm sorry if you think there is more we could have done for you. I wish you could talk to tell us it was ok. I wish you could have told us that you loved us and would see us again. I saw love in your eyes and I know you knew you were part of our family. So if you're up there, please tell Heavenly Father to send some comfort our way. Cause I could use it right about now.

1 comments:

BJ and Steph said...

Oh Lis. I'm so sorry. I had a dog growing up named Winnie that I still think about and miss. I believe we will see our pets again. They become part of the family.

Sorry it has been SO long since we have chatted. We should get together soon.

In the mean time let me know if we can do anything for you guys.